I am so happy that you have landed in my little corner of cyberspace. If you join me here, you will, hopefully, get to know a little about me. You will read my thoughts, my hopes and dreams, and see some of my favorite things. I hope you will visit often. I will try to update it regularly and hopefully you will see an improvement in the blog along the way. Thank you for stopping in to see me as I travel on this journey called "life"!













Thursday, January 20, 2011

Project 2011 - Week 3 or 2nd update or whatever!

This is the post in which I update you on the progress that I've made in the Project 2011 challenge that I'm participating in over at Moments of Whimsy.

I hate to tell you this but I have not done very well at all on the challenge this week. I started off the week okay last Friday. We took my stepdaughter to lunch for her birthday at our most favorite pizza restaurant in town and I was good. I was really, really good.  No pizza...no Steak Cheese Grinder....no Jerry's special...

I chose a wonderful grilled chicken salad with no cheese and a delicious light dressing on the side. It was really good! We spent some wonderful time with her and the grandgirl, who was happy as she could be and chattering like crazy. There's nothing quite like those happy baby sounds.

By the time that Saturday afternoon rolls around, the pizza that I didn't get the day before starts calling my name. Unfortunately it was calling David's name too as the day before he got his Steak Cheese grinder and left his pizza craving unfulfilled. It's a sad day when we both are craving pizza. Off we go.....


I wish I could tell you that we chose the awesome Greek Pizza full of yummy veggies and no meat. But I can't....


No, friends.....


It was the Italian Sausage that called our name. And it was fabulous...

Every last bite of it!

Since we are celebrating the smallest of small victories over here, we refrained from getting the extra cheese that we used to get years ago. Yay!


Since Saturday was not a day for good choices, I awoke on Sunday craving pancakes.

 PANCAKES?

Friends, I don't even like pancakes. Well, that's not entirely true. It's not fair to say that I don't like them. Pancakes taste awesome but I almost never eat them because they make me feel so bad. All David needed to hear was the word pancakes Sunday morning and he was up and ready for Country Kitchen.

Instead of ordering pancakes like I could have done or the big breakfast that has it all like David normally orders, I had the two egg breakfast with whole wheat toast and just a couple of bites of David's pancakes....with real maple syrup.

So it wasn't the veggie scram with grilled homefries and dry toast....but it wasn't as bad as it could have been either. So again, I will celebrate the small victories when they happen and say once again, Yay me!  

After that big breakfast, I got some exercise making the dreaded Wal-Mart trip (a workout in and of itself!) that I had been putting off and took the afternoon to enjoy this beautiful town that I live in by photographing it for Sundays in My City which I shared with you here.


This week I've been feeling a bit under the weather so I haven't taken many photos.  I have had a little bug that has made me feel bad all week and the weather hasn't been so good here so I've pretty much stayed inside and rested so that it would run its course.  Having said that, I have still been pretty good in making good food choices and taking my vitamins but not so good at logging food. I think this week that I'm going to try a different site to track my food and exercise.  I'm just not feeling My Fitness Pal.  I'm thinking about Spark People or Live Strong.  I will let you know how that works for me.

I have been reading your blogs this week while I've been laying around being a slug  resting and getting over this bug and you guys have had given me some wonderful inspiration for making healthy choices.  I've also found some new blogs this week which are going to be beneficial in helping me make good choices and I've gotten some new recipes to try this coming week too.  I'm excited about that.
Thanks for sticking with me through this very hard to write post.  I hope you have had a great week and that you are making progress in meeting your goals.  I hope to have more photos and recipes on here this week and to be able to share with you more small victories next Thursday.

Have a great evening!

16 comments:

  1. I totally understand the difficulties. I did Weight Watchers for 3 months and lost 25 pounds. I got lazy, went off it and gained it back. I'm back on it as of Tuesday! I must say though that I think WW is easy.

    A big tip is not to go out to eat! That's the hardest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your post and hope that you will not be so hard on yourself. Remember the fact that you are trying means you are making smarter choices to begin with. Rest, take care of yourself and be kind to yourself. Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. My girlfriend really likes sparkpeople. I hope you're feeling better. Remember to look at the bigger picture. You;ll never get anywhere if you don't allow yourself the foods you crave sometime. You'll get there. And pat yourself on the back for doing the best you can each day (and don't be too hard on yourself when you didn't). Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are not so bad. From reading about pizza and pancakes, I hope I didn't lead you to your downfall as I posted about pizza and pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right...celebrate the small victories. Habits are hard to change. I discovered, after going to the Mayo Clinic website to see their diet, that a serving of almonds is ONLY SEVEN ALMONDS, not seven handfuls. Sigh. I am really working on portion control. I don't agree with Mayo on 3 fruits, 4 veg, only 3 proteins and 3 fats, 4 starchy carbs, I've switched the numbers around to read 1 fruit, 6 veg, 4 protein, 3 fat, 3 starchy carbs, and I'm REALLY working with their portions. Not easy, after a month of overindulging and enjoying every minute of it!

    Knitting keeps me from the chocolate chips. :-)...usually.

    Keep at it. You'll do fine. And I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. Hope the bug leaves you really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all so much for stopping by and for encouraging me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Candace,

    this is exactly why we are doing this Project - to encourage one another through the good and not so good weeks :-) Well done on your small victories, and when I did one of those 12 week programs years ago, they used to have a free day or meal which gave you a guilt free treat to look forward to - might be worth incorporating into your lifestyle.

    I'm also not feeling the love with My Fitness Pal - will be interested to see what you go with.

    Have a great week!
    Cate x

    (hope that you are feeling better too)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for your encouragement, Cate! I will let you know what I decide on with the food tracker. Have a great weekend, Candace

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree. You are being too hard on yourself. The best part in challenges is that tomorrow is another day and you can try and try again. As long as you don't give up you are succeeding.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I second what Ms Bibi said. Tomorrow is another day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Candace,

    Just reading your profile and this post a like you a lot already.
    It is hard to stick to a program like watching what we eat. I am in the same boat. Every single day I say to myself: This is a new day and I start doing great until lunch comes around the corner following by his friend "dinner", then I am in big trouble.

    Keep trying, that is our best success to never give up.

    Mely

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you're still kicking butt!! I've been sick as well, I hope we both feel better soon!

    Also, by tonight, I will have knocked off FIVE goals this week!! I haven't had a chance to post about them, but I will! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all so much for stopping by and encouraging me. Today is a new day and a new opportunity to make good choices. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I have corresponded with each of you personally via email. If I haven't, I would love the opportunity to carry on this conversation with you. Please email me at michiamocandace@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think the small changes are actually more effective, and more easy to manage long term. Dr. Oz says making small changes that can become the norm are much better than huge changes that you won't maintain. So, don't beat yourself up about only making small changes - rejoice that you're making changes!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I too know the call of the pizza. Its a Siren's song that one can't ignore at times. Good for you for not getting double cheese. That is a victory.

    I agree with the others, don't be so hard on yourself. We are all going to have weeks that are not as stellar as we want. *shrug* That is part of the challenge as well. Accepting those. Look on what you accomplish, as opposed to what you felt you should have.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today! I hope you have enjoyed your time here and that you will return again. Please leave me a comment to let me know that you have stopped by! I respond to each and every comment by email, if possible, and by returning a visit to your blog. Have a great day!