I am so happy that you have landed in my little corner of cyberspace. If you join me here, you will, hopefully, get to know a little about me. You will read my thoughts, my hopes and dreams, and see some of my favorite things. I hope you will visit often. I will try to update it regularly and hopefully you will see an improvement in the blog along the way. Thank you for stopping in to see me as I travel on this journey called "life"!













Thursday, January 13, 2011

PROJECT 2011 - WEEK 2 UPDATE

project2011b

 How has your week been?  


This has been a hard week for me in some ways. I think I set myself up with too many projects and I have had a hard time getting into a routine and keeping up with it all.    Oh, I have still made good choices most of the time (Yay me!) and given myself a few pats on the back when the choices were not so easy but the last couple of days have  been a struggle.  The momentum of last week has just not carried me all the way through to the end of this week.  So in an effort to keep myself accountable, let me get real here and tell you how I've done.....


On the making good choices
with what I eat.....

I've done pretty well at making good choices.  I have had my eggs every morning with one slice of whole wheat toast.   I haven't snacked.  I've chosed salads for lunch being careful to include fruit and being careful on how I dress it.  I haven't taken a lot of pictures this week as I have been busy with some projects but I did manage to get a photo of this one because it just looked so pretty.....


Fresh Romaine Lettuce, Spinach, 4 oz. Grilled Chicken, 1/4 cup of mixed fresh blueberries and raspberries, 1 orange sectioned, 1 tbsp. dry roasted sunflower seeds and 1 tbsp. of feta cheese.  I dressed it with a homemade dressing which was 2 tbsp. Pom Wonderful Juice mixed with 1 tbsp. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and little bit of fresh squeezed orange juice from the orange in the salad.  It was a thing of beauty and tasted amazing.  I don't know why I've ever bought salad dressing in the past when it is so easy to make.

What I haven't been so good at
and hope to change...

I have been terrible at logging my food this past week.  I've been on the go so much and creating on the fly and then there are those projects that I've overloaded myself with this week and I have neglected the logging of food.  I find it difficult to get the recipes into the food logger so that I know exactly what I'm eating.  I'm sure there has to be a better way to do it.

On the plus side....

I have lost around 6 lbs. since the first of the year.  I know that it's mostly water weight but if I was carrying around that much water, then I'm glad to get rid of it.  Water, fat, whatever!  It all needs to go.  I do realize that number will fluctuate and I have promised myself that I won't let that drive me crazy!  It's nice to see the scale move in a downward direction.  

We got out last weekend and went on an adventure to Vermont. We ran into a snow storm when we hit the mountains and decided to turn around and head back south so I didn't get to visit the area that I was hoping for and didn't get to do some of the things that I had wanted to do. We did find an alternative way to spend our time once we got out of the stormy weather and we still have plenty of things left to do when the weather gets nicer. We had a blast spending the weekend together and enjoying our new home. Stay tuned for a blog post all on its own about the adventure that we had.

It's official now. We are now legal residents of the state of New Hampshire. We braved the DMV and got the cars registered in the state, surrendered our Louisiana driver's license and got our New Hampshire licenses AND the Louisiana plates have been sent back to the state as per their requirements. I told David before we left for that adventure that I would rather take a beating that to deal with the DMV that day; however, it was a very pleasant experience. The employees at the DMV were not only professional but they were friendly and very helpful. They helped us navigate the whole process and we are very thankful to have that behind us. It was not an inexpensive afternoon but we had anticipated that going in and keeping our driving priveleges and cars legal in the state should be less expensive in the future.

I'm glad to have that completed so that
it's not hanging over our heads.
Another small victory for us!

While I would have liked to be able to share a lot of photos and a lot of victories this week with you, it is what it is and I'm moving forward with being present in the moment and celebrating the small victories as they occur. I hope you have had a wonderful week and that you have been able to celebrate some victories in pursuit of your goals.

Let's go make Thursday a good day this week! 


17 comments:

  1. Dear Candace,
    I still always want to put that "N" in your name. Just wishing you dancing, I guess. tee hee

    Your food always looks so delicious. If I'm ever in your neighborhood, I'm dropping in at meal time.

    Congrats for being a full fledged New Hampshire-ite. Now all you need is the accent. I guess you'll have to sound like my friend who lives in New London, NH (where ever that may be. I've never been to NH in my lifetime). She travels back and forth, back and forth from NH to Mt which doesn't make much sense, going from cold climate to cold climate but I think it's it's in the name of "romance."
    Love and peace, Manzanita

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear friend, I am so glad that things are going well for you in your new destination. Congrats on the weight loss. 6 lbs whether water or otherwise is always a good thing!
    Hugs~M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salad looks fantastic!! Congrats on the 6 lbs. I'm with you - weight is weight and I enjoy having it gone.

    I'm glad you are getting some things done that you want to do, or need to do, or have to do - that feeling of accomplishment is wonderfully motivating!! Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 6 pounds: that's great! I need to get with the program!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure sounds to me like you're going great, Candace! Six pounds is six pounds. And your food choices sound good. My hardest time is the evening, but last evening even I managed not to snack. Wow! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love putting fruit in my salads, it helps with my cravings for sweet stuff too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the weight loss! And be official in New Hampshire! That is one great looking salad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't beat yourself up Candace! 6 pounds is wonderful - and the year has barely begun!

    Oh - and your salad looks wonderful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't be too hard on yourself. You sound like you are doing pretty good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to hear of your weight loss. I am in dire need of this myself. I am taking baby steps with cutting back on desserts and I have asked my husband to get the recumbent bike out of storage. Figured maybe I would use it if I watched a favorite show with the kids to keep me company. I need to get moving. Hard to do when I spend a good chunk of the day blogging and writing at the computer. But, I will do it! Keep pressing on my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Thanks for visiting and for your encouragement. 6lb is very inpsiring. Go girl. We will be cheering you on. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so there with you on neglecting my camera. It sems like there is never enough time in the day. With determination, the routines will work itself out!

    A suggestion? caloriecount.about.com is a really good food tracking system. It will also track exercise for you. And for things that you routinely eat? They have ways to tag those items, or combinations of items, so that with one click it is very easy. :)

    By the way? That salad looks DELISH! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks yummy :)
    Thanks for sharing, nice blog...
    Im the newest follower to your blog, hope to see you on my page too...
    http://smartandfunnyvideo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow 6 pounds is wonderful. Looks like you are doing something right. I hated writing down all my food choices when I was pregnant with Lila.
    Have a great day and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Candace,
    Thanks for stopping by to visit my photo blog in black and white. Hey, congrats on the weight loss. We have a lot in common...I'm also losing weight right now with our rendition of Biggest Loser at our school. 24 teachers battling it out for top spot and..we are all friends. I try to lose 1 pound a week just like the doctors recommend. That way, if I lose more it's even more satisfying and I don't get depressed.
    Stay warm up there in NH. David/ Houston

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh, your salad really looked good. Makes me want to try it...maybe one day this week.

    I'm doing well with my eating too.

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good for you on the weight loss, kiddo! Your dressing idea sounds delish. Is Pom juice pomegranate juice? You mentioned your food log. Are you doing Weight Watchers? I am. And yes, tracking sure helps me. blessings, k

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today! I hope you have enjoyed your time here and that you will return again. Please leave me a comment to let me know that you have stopped by! I respond to each and every comment by email, if possible, and by returning a visit to your blog. Have a great day!