I am so happy that you have landed in my little corner of cyberspace. If you join me here, you will, hopefully, get to know a little about me. You will read my thoughts, my hopes and dreams, and see some of my favorite things. I hope you will visit often. I will try to update it regularly and hopefully you will see an improvement in the blog along the way. Thank you for stopping in to see me as I travel on this journey called "life"!













Saturday, January 29, 2011

AND THE WINNER IS....

My dear friend, Mitzi, over at Daily Reflection recently passed on these two awards to me....





Thank you, Mitzi!  I am so grateful and blessed to have met you in the blogosphere and honored to call you, my friend.  Thanks for thinking of me.

I was, also, contacted last night by my new friend, Miz Helen, over at Miz Helen's Country Cottage.  She was sweet enough to pass over to me this very thoughtful award....



Miz Helen, thank you so much for thinking of me!  From the moment you popped over here and invited me to your Full Plate Thursday, I knew we would be friends.  There's always good food and good fellowship at your place and I love that our paths have crossed out here in the blogosphere.  You remind me of home, Miz Helen and for that I'm truly grateful.

As with all awards, there are rules.  Mitzi's awards have survey questions to answer. Miz Helen's award requires that I list 7 things about myself.  I won't bore you any longer than necessary so I'm going to answer the 10 questions and call it even.  You will then know much more about me than you ever cared to know.

If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this?
If you aren't anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now?

I don't blog anonymously although there aren't too many people that I know personally that are aware of my blog.  David has been encouraging me to share this information but I'm really pretty shy.  My blog started out in such a weird way that I just didn't think it was news worthy and I still don't.  I have only recently started sharing with my friends and family that this is something that I have been doing.   I have always found it difficult to call attention to myself in anyway.  I prefer to be behind the scenes.

Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side.

I am quite sure that I am stubborn....most probably about a lot of things.  I can't think of one particular incident to share with you that would show this.  I'm going to pass this question.

What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?

If I told you what I really see when I look in the mirror, you are all so sweet and supportive that you would immediately start arguing with me because that's just the kind of friends you are.  When I look deeper inside, I see a woman who loves God...who loves her friends and family.  I see a woman who has made her fair share of mistakes and has learned from each and every one of them.....I hope.  I see a woman who is doing her best to live life on purpose.  I see a woman who wants to be a better person today than I was yesterday.

What is your favorite summer cold drink?

I love a Coke Icee on a hot summer day more than anything.  I don't drink them often but it's my favorite treat.  That's something I'm going to miss here in New Hampshire.  I don't think I've seen one Icee machine since I've been here.  My favorite drink that I indulge in often is our Iced Mint Green Tea that we make in our sun tea jar.  I like mine unsweetened, please. We can definitely make that here when the weather warms up some.

When you take time for yourself, what do you do?

I enjoy getting my nails done.


 Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life?

I would like to go back to school and get my degree.


When you attended school, were you the class clown,
the class overachiever, the shy person or always ditching?

None of the above really.  I always did well in school and stayed out of trouble.  I never skipped school and always applied myself and did my very best.  Now outside of school, I very social and enjoyed life and I did not always stay out of trouble with my parents.

 

If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?

There are too many that I could share and none of them that I am prepared to get into on this blog.

 Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog, or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people and events?

Everything you read here is written from my heart.  I find it very easy to share these things with you. Having said that, there is a lot that I don't get into on my blog.  Some people use their blogs as a means to pour their heart out and I applaud the freedom that they have in doing that.  At times, I wish I could do that myself.  That's just not me though.  I've just never been that way.


If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?

Definitely, I would choose reading over talking on the phone. 

I would like to award Mitzi at Daily Reflection with the Stylish Blogger Award.

and

I would like to award Miz Helen with the Life is Sweet Blog Award and The Irresistably Sweet Blog Award.

I would like to award the following people
with all three awards...

Mary at Food Floozie
Brandie at The Country Cook
Lesapea at Lesapea Musings
Cherie at Bakow Bubble
Mama Hen at Mama's Little Chick
And I could go on and on.....

If you have an award free blog or would otherwise rather not participate, I completely understand.  Some people don't like awards or to be tagged.  I hope you will accept the award in your heart and know that I'm a fan. 

Thanks again, Mitzi and Miz Helen!

And if you are still reading this, thanks for hanging with me through this very long post.

15 comments:

  1. You are TOO sweet -- thank you! I'm honored!!! I loved reading the answers to these questions -- great Q, fascinating A. Makes me want to sit down with a nice glass of that tea and just chitchat the afternoon away with you ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your awards! You deserve them! Thank you for thinking of me. I really appreciate it! That is great that you would like to go back and get your degree. Have a great night my friend!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always great to learn more things about the person behind the blog. I got to know better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet surprise I just found as I sit and drink my coffee this morning! I am truly touched. Thank you so much Candace. I may not answer the questions though because over time I think I have told it all (lol) plus i have the 100 Things About Me on my sidebar. I will proudly add the awards to my blog after church today.

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love your answer for what you see when you look in the mirror. That is quote worthy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww Candace - I completely understand everything you wrote! I think when you are real and honest - that's when people connect with you the most! Lovely post from a lovely woman. Thanks for the awards! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Candace,
    What a great surprise this morning. I just love your post! You are so kind to pass on these two lovely awards to me I really appreciate it. I am so happy that I found you out here in "bloggerland" it has been fun getting to know you and I look forward to our adventures in the future.
    Best Wishes,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your awards! I definitely do NOT blog anonymously, although I did for the first year or so blogging. Then, I started sharing it with my friends and family...and now most of the people who I know read it. It's just such a huge part of my life that it's impossible to keep to myself!

    It was fun to find out more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on getting the award! I've gotten one myself recently.
    I do not blog anonymously, but for the first month or two, my husband and friends didn't know. But then I thought it was fun and wanted to share!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Candace, you are such a sweetheart for sharing these wonderful awards! I really appreciate it. Your answers were great to read too!

    xoxo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so very deserving my friend! Thanks for the splash of style you have bestowed on me as well. You are awesome. Love your answers!~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry it's taken me so long to catch up on my reading, thank you so much!! YOU ARE SO SWEET!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much! Awards are fun.
    I hope you won't find me ungrateful but I decided sometime last year not to pass them on, etc...For me it is just too hard to choose.
    So I wanted to Thank You for the honor and tell you how much I always enjoy your blog and your great attitude about life!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your awards!! I know it is wonderful to be acknowledged like that for your little corner of the interwebs! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today! I hope you have enjoyed your time here and that you will return again. Please leave me a comment to let me know that you have stopped by! I respond to each and every comment by email, if possible, and by returning a visit to your blog. Have a great day!