I am so happy that you have landed in my little corner of cyberspace. If you join me here, you will, hopefully, get to know a little about me. You will read my thoughts, my hopes and dreams, and see some of my favorite things. I hope you will visit often. I will try to update it regularly and hopefully you will see an improvement in the blog along the way. Thank you for stopping in to see me as I travel on this journey called "life"!













Thursday, January 6, 2011

PROJECT 2011 Week 1

project2011b

In light of the fact that we are celebrating small victories around our house this year, I am linking up with Cate at Moments of Whimsy for Project 2011.  Project 2011 is where we link up every Thursday to share how we did during the week on our resolutions / goals / hopes and dreams for 2011.    What a great way to keep me accountable this year so that I actually celebrate those small victories each week?!  This is, also, a great way to not only meet new friends but be inspired and encouraged as we are all on this journey called "life?.  As I have said in my blog post earlier today, I am excited about 2011.  I will strive to be present in every moment and make good decisions along the way.  As I do this, I will celebrate those small victories.

Some of the good choices that I have made so far this week.....

I found Bob Greene's The Best Life Diet book at the Used Book Superstore on Sunday and bought it.  Back in Louisiana, I checked that book out of the library on more than one occasion so I was quite thrilled to find a copy for myself at a really good price.  I rarely buy new books.  On Tuesday, I did some grocery shopping for fresh, healthy foods and came home and made this for dinner......


His recipe called for frozen winter squash; but I found some wonderful, fresh butternut squash and prepared that instead.

While it could have used a bit more curry or maybe even some cayenne pepper, I thought it was fabulous and it was perfect for a cold winter's night.  So fresh.....so healthy.....so yum!

To go with that yummy soup, I made this.....


Fresh fruit....fresh veggies....free range chicken.....homemade dressing.  It just doesn't get any better than this, friends. 


Moving right along.....

After dinner when the sweet tooth kicked in as it usually does when I eat healthy, I chose  a small portion of this....


Instead of this....

and I savored every precious bite! Another victory for me!

Every day this week, I have remembered to take this.....


I know that doesn't seem like a big thing; but for me, it's huge.  I am terrible with taking vitamins regularly and I struggle with being lethargic.  This is something that I should be doing for myself.

Not only have I been choosing to drink water with my meals, I have been remembering to add an extra glass or two throughout the day.  Choosing to use the filtered water from my Brita rather than using plastic water bottles scores extra points for me and makes this an even bigger "small victory".  Good for the environment and good for me!

Yesterday,  I got out of the house and spent the day with my sister-in-law for a little much needed girl's time together while Julz was in school.  I could have stayed in the house and done a million little projects or just taken the day to visit each and every one of your blogs.  That would have been fun to do; but, this special time with my sister was priceless.  Thank you for understanding!

Yesterday, I chose wisely with my meals...opting for the grilled chicken salad at lunch minus the croutons and cheese with vinegar and oil to dress the salad on the side.  I carefully logged my food.  

Last night my husband and I spent a wonderful evening with the daughter, son-in-law and the grandgirl.  Chef Son-in-Law prepared a healthy, fresh dinner for us.....


Just in case you are interested.....the meal of beauty was a fresh pesto stuffed, panko crusted baked chicken breast....topped with a homemade tomato sauce....with a fresh steamed asparagus and some of the cutest purple potatoes that I've ever seen.  Last but not least, garlic bread.  Can you say YUM?  

Not only was the meal perfectly plated and tasted fantastic but we enjoyed great conversation and a lot of laughs and plenty of snuggles and kisses from the grandgirl......

She has learned to give the sweetest open mouthed kisses!  Nothing like baby love!
Each and every moment was precious and we enjoyed our time with them so much.  It is so nice to just live around the corner from them so we can see them whenever their schedules are free.

So far today, I've managed to choose wisely for my meals.....

And I've logged them....

2011 is going to be a great year......one small victory at a time!

Thanks so much for joining me on the adventure called life.  For more inspiration and encouragement for your goals, hope, dreams and resolutions for the year, join me over at Project 2011.  You will be glad you did.


9 comments:

  1. Wow - you are off to a fabulous start Candace! Well done on the great food choices and healthy meals - you are inspiring me to try to stay on track and do likewise.

    Here's to another great week for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go. You are very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful baby and what fabulous meals!!! Such lovely colors in all that nutrition ... who could possibly want for anything when eating such amazing things???

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing great so far! That book looks like a keeper too - I'm a little jealous you found one at a used book store - way to go!
    Happy New year!! I'll be checking in to see how you are doing.
    I am starting my healthy diet/exercies stuff next week. I have been sick so decided I needed to start when I get better. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are definitely inspiring me! The secretary at one of my schools & I were talking about needing to lose weight. She's already started; I need to get crackin'! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you are really doing well. You inspire me to do likewise! What a beautiful meal your chef-in-law made for you. No wonder you moved from LA. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are off and running. You go girl! Sounds like you are really changing your life in so many ways. I'm looking forward to following you on Project 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are off to a great start for the New Year my friend! So glad that things are working out so well for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Candace! I'm sooo enjoying my visit here! See...because you visit me and left a comment, I've found my way here. I love how blogging works! Anyway, I'll be back. I'm adding you to my favorites.

    BTW...I noticed on your myfitnesspal page you posted Jessica's Brick Oven bread. Where do you buy it?

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today! I hope you have enjoyed your time here and that you will return again. Please leave me a comment to let me know that you have stopped by! I respond to each and every comment by email, if possible, and by returning a visit to your blog. Have a great day!