I am so happy that you have landed in my little corner of cyberspace. If you join me here, you will, hopefully, get to know a little about me. You will read my thoughts, my hopes and dreams, and see some of my favorite things. I hope you will visit often. I will try to update it regularly and hopefully you will see an improvement in the blog along the way. Thank you for stopping in to see me as I travel on this journey called "life"!













Thursday, July 1, 2010

White Bean Salad



This recipe comes straight from Dr. Weil's Optimum Health.  I receive some really yummy recipes from Dr. Andrew Weil courtesy of a newsletter I've subscribed to from Everyday Health.  At least that's what the email says.  I'm not real sure where I actually signed up for it.  Anyway.....I digress!

When I received this one, I knew that I had to make it.  In fact, it has been on my mind since I received it so I had to stop tonight after work for the fresh parsley.  I guess I'm on a salad kick now that it's summer.  Since it has been so hot, I crave cool foods.  I've shared with you that I'm trying to eat at clean as possible so this recipe is perfect on every level!



A delicious recipe to help you eat and feel healthy — direct to you from Dr. Weil's Optimum Health Plan.

White Bean Salad
3 Servings

This is a very easy bean salad you can make the night before and take to work, or serve as a side dish.


1 can white beans, like cannelini
1 tbsp red pepper, chopped fine
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped fine
 ¼ cup tomato, diced
1 tbsp red onion, chopped fine
1 tsp quality extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp herb and spice blend

Drain the canned beans and rinse well in a strainer. Make sure you've drained all the rinse water. Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl, whisking the oil and vinegar together first. Add the beans. Experiment with different types of canned beans and different chopped vegetables to add.

Nutritional Information per serving: 240 calories; 4 g total fat (1 g sat); 0 mg cholesterol; 39 g carbohydrate; 15 g protein; 10 g fiber; 100 mg sodium


The yummy White Bean Salad is now getting all happy in my refrigerator!  It's going to make a wonderful lunch tomorrow with grilled chicken.  This is my first time to make this so I will let you know how it is.  All of the ingredients are good so I suspect that it will be wonderful.  Stay tuned! 


 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! Beans are SO good for us! (I didn't know this until a couple years ago) www.karenhurd.com has a lot of online articles on how beans can facilitate healthful living!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound good, especially with the grilled chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, I really love beans...(That's why I married a guy whose last name is Pinto :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! That's funny. :0)

    The salad was awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today! I hope you have enjoyed your time here and that you will return again. Please leave me a comment to let me know that you have stopped by! I respond to each and every comment by email, if possible, and by returning a visit to your blog. Have a great day!