I am so happy that you have landed in my little corner of cyberspace. If you join me here, you will, hopefully, get to know a little about me. You will read my thoughts, my hopes and dreams, and see some of my favorite things. I hope you will visit often. I will try to update it regularly and hopefully you will see an improvement in the blog along the way. Thank you for stopping in to see me as I travel on this journey called "life"!













Thursday, July 1, 2010

Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salad


This is a recipe from my recipe files that we adore around our house.   I'm not sure where it originally came from.  There are a lot of variations of this recipe floating around these days for similar salads so please feel free to prepare this to suit your tastes.  

This is a salad that is wonderful for summer get-togethers.  It is light and refreshing!  This is a great salad to prepare ahead of time and keep in the fridge for the work week. 

Add some grilled chicken and it makes the perfect lunch or light dinner....or you might prefer to just eat it with tortilla chips as a salsa.  Enjoy it however you like!

If you don't want to grill the corn, you can roast it in the oven, boil it or even cut the raw kernels off and use them.  It's your preference so have fun with it.


Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salad

2 ears Fresh Corn

1 can Black Beans

Chopped Grape Tomatoes

Chopped Purple Onion

Chopped Cilantro

Fresh Lime Juice

1 each Jalapeno, minced

Salt, to taste

Minced Garlic Chives, optional.


Husk and remove silk from corn. Grill until charred and let cool.  After the corn is cool, cut the corn off of cobs into a bowl.

Drain and rinse one can of black beans.  Add to the corn. Add grape tomatoes, chopped onion, chopped cilantro, minced garlic, garlic chives (if using) and minced jalapeno . Add salt and fresh lime juice to taste. Cover and refrigerate before serving.

5 comments:

  1. Looks so good. Well, except for the corn. I don't like corn but I think I would eat it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could leave out the corn and make it just a black bean salad! Candace~

    ReplyDelete
  3. now thats a wonderful salad! I love grilled corn...yum

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds soooo good! I am definitely trying it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today! I hope you have enjoyed your time here and that you will return again. Please leave me a comment to let me know that you have stopped by! I respond to each and every comment by email, if possible, and by returning a visit to your blog. Have a great day!