I am so happy that you have landed in my little corner of cyberspace. If you join me here, you will, hopefully, get to know a little about me. You will read my thoughts, my hopes and dreams, and see some of my favorite things. I hope you will visit often. I will try to update it regularly and hopefully you will see an improvement in the blog along the way. Thank you for stopping in to see me as I travel on this journey called "life"!













Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Remembering February 2012...


February was pretty uneventful around mi casa.   After beginning the year thinking about losing weight and getting healthy, February saw me getting more serious about it.  Gone were the big meals that were prepared without thought of calories or what was being put into them.  I began to be conscious of fat and calories and portion sizes and took advantage of my Ebates membership and joined Weight Watchers online.   Weight Watchers waived the sign up fee and Ebates got me some cash back for joining through their website.  You can't beat that.   If you haven't tried Ebates, you should.  I have gone on to use it many times over the last year to get deals and cash back.  You can use it along with your other coupons and deals that you may have from other sources so it's a win/win.  It's as simple as going to the Ebates website and signing in and then navigating to the website of your choice through the Ebates site to get the deals.  Easy peasy.

One of the yummiest meals that I prepared in the month of February was Braised Chicken and Mushrooms.  Served over carefully measured pasta with a side of steamed green beans, it was definitely comfort food.



While I was busy counting Weight Watchers points, David was busy experimenting with Jambalaya Risotto.  I'm from Louisiana; but I don't "love" Cajun food.    This dish may be the exception though.  Thankfully, I was committed to this lifestyle change or I would have been tempted to eat way too much of this stuff.  I managed to only eat one bite to taste his creation and went on to have something that had "easier to count points".   Needless to say, I had a tad bit of "food envy".   I wish I could share this recipe with you here on ye olde blog; but, it's a carefully guarded secret, he says.  Fair enough.



I found this photo in my albums for the month of February; but unfortunately I have no idea what this "mystery chicken" is.    I have a feeling it's coated with Cholula and Taco Seasoning; but really....it's anybody's guess.   It's a fine example of why you shouldn't wait a year to blog about the food you create. 


Thanks so much for hanging with me 
through my walk down memory lane!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad to have been here to see your journey in 2012! You are an amazing woman and now friend and I cant; wait to see what 2013 has in store for you! So proud of your accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for sticking to your goals and not caving in at the sight of jambalaya!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today! I hope you have enjoyed your time here and that you will return again. Please leave me a comment to let me know that you have stopped by! I respond to each and every comment by email, if possible, and by returning a visit to your blog. Have a great day!