I am so happy that you have landed in my little corner of cyberspace. If you join me here, you will, hopefully, get to know a little about me. You will read my thoughts, my hopes and dreams, and see some of my favorite things. I hope you will visit often. I will try to update it regularly and hopefully you will see an improvement in the blog along the way. Thank you for stopping in to see me as I travel on this journey called "life"!













Friday, December 3, 2010

ON THE MENU....

Dinner at your kids' house is always a treat. When one of them is a chef, a little something extra is added. Along with the greatest company ever, you get a really pretty plate of really amazing food.

Night before last was no exception....


Just in case you can't see it clearly enough, here's a close up (excuse my shadow please?!...I was in a hurry to snap the photo and begin eating!)


Here you have a mixed grill.....a tender fillet topped with  some shitake mushroom goodness, chicken marinated in some wonderful Asian marinade that he created....topped with a fresh mango salsa.....and a tender lamb chop, also marinated in something Asian and wonderful that he created....topped with a curry sauce.....also his creation.   Add to it the veggie, a yummy risotto cake and the whole grain toast topped with an avocado spread that was amazing (it's his wife's favorite so he made it especially for her...aaaw!) and you have a delicious dinner that we all enjoyed.  Even with this wonderful food that was served, the company was the best part.  And to top off the whole wonderful evening with the kids, we were able to walk home from their house.  You just can't beat that!

Thanks for a wonderful evening,

13 comments:

  1. Oh my word that looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks incredible! YS wants to go to culinary school...we'll see if he changes his mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was incredible!

    @Mary....that would be awesome if he could do that. Sometimes I think I would like to do that and other times....well....:0)

    Our SIL didn't attend culinary school. He has just received training at his jobs and because he's gifted in that area, he has moved right up the ladder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like something straight from the Food Network...yummy....!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a pretty plate of food, huh? Not like at my house at all. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I borrow your chef??? That looks incredible. I only photograph my desserts never my meals. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Candace! Happy that you came to visit me in my neck of the woods and can't wait to browse your site for lots more great stuff!

    Happy Weekend!
    Amy
    www.kitchencentsability.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to meet you Candace! That looks absolutely amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I'm coming along next time you have dinner there!! Looks wonderful. Have a great weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Um, YUM!!! I'm totally hungry right now and that looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, what an absolutely gorgeous plate filled with so many fabulous tastes and aromas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey thanx for coming by my blog, I am following you back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today! I hope you have enjoyed your time here and that you will return again. Please leave me a comment to let me know that you have stopped by! I respond to each and every comment by email, if possible, and by returning a visit to your blog. Have a great day!