I am so happy that you have landed in my little corner of cyberspace. If you join me here, you will, hopefully, get to know a little about me. You will read my thoughts, my hopes and dreams, and see some of my favorite things. I hope you will visit often. I will try to update it regularly and hopefully you will see an improvement in the blog along the way. Thank you for stopping in to see me as I travel on this journey called "life"!













Friday, August 20, 2010

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN LORRAINE? and FOLLOW FRIDAY- 40 AND OVER

Here's a little funny to jump start your Friday!  We have all misheard lyrics over the years, I'm sure.  Some artists are just hard to understand, right?  I have a friend who thought for YEARS that Gary Wright was singing about "James Weaver" instead of "Dream Weaver".  Bless her heart for finally admitting that to us at Girl's Night one night!  ha!  We all got good laugh out of that one.

I don't think anyone was misheard more than John Fogerty from Creedence Clearwater Revival.   So this morning, I thought I would share one of my favorites with you.  It always gives me a chuckle to see this person's take on what CCR might have been trying to say in this song.  I hope you enjoy it.





And because it's Friday....and my favorite day of the week.....it's time to linkup with my friend, JAVA, over at NEVER GROWING OLD for her great Friday party.....





This is a great time to make new friends and find some new blogs to read.  I'm heading over there now and hope you will join me!

Happy Friday, friends!  I hope you have a wonderful and safe weekend.

15 comments:

  1. Oh my gush love the lyrics ^_^ Visiting from FF 40 & over! ^_^
    Kim, MI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend! Candace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Candace,
    I LOVE Louisiana and the people! Nothing like the food either. I so appreciate your stopping by to see me ~ I really look forward to getting to know you! I'm following ~

    Have a wonder*filled weekend ~
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw thanks, Pat!! I'm happy that I found you on here. Thanks so much for stopping by, Candace

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI stopped on by to say hello. What's your blog title read? Nice to meet you. Cute blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi NOM! Thanks so much for stopping by!

    Mi Chiamo Candace? It means "My Name is Candace" in Italian. I'm out visiting blogs now and will stop by to see you soon!

    Have a great weekend!
    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I loved this...I shared it with my sisters because we were famous for mis-speaking the lyrics to many a song as kids. We had older siblings and we could really butcher some of the words to their music.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Candace, Stopping by from Java's blog hop and am now following you back from you joining me a few weeks ago. I was just watching a show about Cajun and Creole cooking . . . what an awesome culture that you have and live in. I've only driven through Louisiana a few times, but my daughter's favorite place on earth is New Orleans. Gotta get there some time. Please join me for my blog hop that starts next week to for ANYONE, it's not just about food! Roz @ la bella vita

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was so funny and soooo true. Never know what that guy is saying.


    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
    www.mawhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. {giggle} That was pretty funny, thanks for coming by today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! Love the video! Thanks for posting it, my sis will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally mishear words all the time! My husband just shakes his head at me in the car because I don't care if I don't have the words right I just sing loud and proud anyway!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all for stopping by, Ladies! I am happy that you enjoyed the video. I watch it periodically because it cracks me up every time. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved the video! I have always liked CCR but kinda made up my own lyrics to sing along . . . cannot understand that guy! Sorta like D.R. from Hootie and the Blowfish - it's amazing that when he switched to country music, his enunciation improved to the point that I actually know what he is singing : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think everyone kinda made up the lyrics. Who knew what he was really saying? ha! We saw a Crossroads episode and I forget who he was paired with....Keith Urban maybe...and that was talked about on there. Too funny! I hadn't thought about old Hootie; but, you're right! He is more understandable singing country.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today! I hope you have enjoyed your time here and that you will return again. Please leave me a comment to let me know that you have stopped by! I respond to each and every comment by email, if possible, and by returning a visit to your blog. Have a great day!