I am so happy that you have landed in my little corner of cyberspace. If you join me here, you will, hopefully, get to know a little about me. You will read my thoughts, my hopes and dreams, and see some of my favorite things. I hope you will visit often. I will try to update it regularly and hopefully you will see an improvement in the blog along the way. Thank you for stopping in to see me as I travel on this journey called "life"!













Sunday, October 23, 2011

Week - End


To start things off, I want to send a big thank you out to those of you who commented on my last pity party post with love and encouragement and for those who promised prayers.  I have felt them this past week and I appreciate them more than you know.  If you feel it in your heart to continue lifting me up, I would be grateful. 

I really didn't intend for the post to sound the way that it did; but I wrote honestly about my feelings at the time.  I am glad you allowed me to open my heart and share them so openly with you.  It was the good, the bad and the ugly and I just threw it out there and it felt good to release it.  I had let it build up inside until I couldn't hold it any longer.  I like to keep things light and happy around here and most of the time, that is the tone of my life.  Having said that, my life is definitely not perfect and I never intend to portray it that way.   I have ups and downs just like everyone else and from time to time, I have to vent.   I am thankful that I can just write my way through them via this blog.


On a good note, I am settling in somewhat and adjusting to the new job.  I don't love it yet; but I, also, don't hate it.  Nothing that I am doing is rocket science; but, I still have a lot to learn.   I do work with some pretty awesome people.  They are all very sweet and funny and obviously care about one another.  That's huge!  They have gone out of their way to help me get settled in there and make me feel welcome and part of the team.  I am so thankful for that.  They seem to love their jobs so I expect that, at some point when the majority of the learning process is over, I'm going to enjoy what I do, as well. 


I still haven't found too many opportunities to take photos lately except for a few here and there around the house which I'm sharing with you here today.  I did take my camera with me to work several days last week hoping to get some shots of the changing leaves along the way.  I have to tell you that the foliage was absolutely stunning; but there was not a good place to stop along the way to get any shots.  New Hampshire needs more "shoulders" along the roads.  I really wish that I could have gotten some pictures to show you.  Spectacular.  The winds have been blowing like crazy though and what was once beautiful foliage has become "fallage" and the trees, for the most part, are now bare.


With the trees mostly bare now and the ground covered with leaves,  I am reminded of my childhood and the joy that came when this season finally arrived in Louisiana.   Playing outside after school and on the weekends....the rustle of leaves beneath my feet....the joy of jumping in the leaves and building forts and houses with piles of raked up leaves...


And it brings a smile to my face...

Thanks, David, for capturing these fun pics of Monkey this week!
Thanks so much for stopping by,

11 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better my dear! You shouldn't ever have to apologize for the way you feel. They are in fact "your" feelings! No one lives a perfect life despite what we may see in pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can be more fun to see than kids and leaves??! Love that sweetie! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh candace, I'm so glad to hear that things are getting better and that you're enjoying your new life in New Hampshire! The photos you did post are gorgeous, as always. Definitely keep us posted on how things are going! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely pictures and its so healing sometimes to be real on a blog hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candace, glad to hear you feel a bit better for now. We are all humans - thanks for that and no robots! Even better we all enjoy the gift of imperfection. Isnt it wonderful how we are made? Thinking of you and keep you in my thoughts1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear your doing better and those pics with all the leaves and your sweet little baby must make things better because they are both gorgeous and so cute! How much fun to play with her all day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're settling in to your new role and everyone is nice. That helps! Love the burning bush!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I missed your posts while gone to Denver. I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures! (I feel like I always say that, but it's true--you are really talented.) I'm glad to hear that you don't hate your job and that, even better, you're liking your co-workers. That can make all the difference. It's always hard to like a job when you're still going through the training process--I definitely empathize with that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We all have ups and downs in life that's for sure. Glad you have a place you can vent..everyone needs that! And honesty is truly the best way to handle it. I have a love hate relationship with my job... I love to hate it!! :) (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so happy you are adjusting to work. We will keep praying for you. I love the last photos as well. We are planing on playing in the leaves all weekend. Maybe we will even rake them up and get them out of the yard. But lets not plan on it.lol
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today! I hope you have enjoyed your time here and that you will return again. Please leave me a comment to let me know that you have stopped by! I respond to each and every comment by email, if possible, and by returning a visit to your blog. Have a great day!