I am so happy that you have landed in my little corner of cyberspace. If you join me here, you will, hopefully, get to know a little about me. You will read my thoughts, my hopes and dreams, and see some of my favorite things. I hope you will visit often. I will try to update it regularly and hopefully you will see an improvement in the blog along the way. Thank you for stopping in to see me as I travel on this journey called "life"!













Saturday, April 2, 2011

LOOK WHAT I GOT.....



It was June 16, 2010 when I posted my first Wordless Wednesday post here.  That was, also, the day that I "met" Tanya over at The Miller Racing Family.  For a time, Tanya hosted a wonderful Wordless Wednesday linkup.  When I linked up my photos for that day, she was so sweet and encouraging to me as a new blogger and very amateur photographer.  Celebrating Wordless Wednesday over at her blog quickly became one of the highlights of my week.   Although she no longer hosts that weekly fun party, I still visit her beautiful blog to keep up with her and her precious family. 


Recently, Tanya shared with us on her blog that she had gotten a sewing machine and had started making "potato bags".   I had never heard of a potato bag before; but, I was intrigued!  I've "baked" potatoes in the microwave many times over the years and I'm always left with a less than ideal baked potato.  Potato bags are used to bake potatoes in the microwave in a way that leaves the outside skin of the potato soft and tender while the inside stays nice and fluffy. 


She sent me one that she handmade
with love and it's fabulous!
Thank you so much, Tanya!  I love it.


Thanks so much for stopping by!  If you get a moment, stop by and visit with Tanya.  You will be happy that you did.


Have a great weekend,

14 comments:

  1. I've never heard of a potato bag...happy baking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the win. What a nice gift, very pretty fabric! Sounds like they make delicious potatoes! yes, Tanya has a terrific blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, how nice and how useful. Keep us posted to how it works, I might have to make some as gifts too. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great idea! I have never heard of a potato bag before. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really cool. I didn't know you could bake potatoes in a microwave. I thought you could only bake them in the oven. Well, that is what my husband says and he is from Idaho.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so sweet! That is awesome. I've never heard of such a thing before!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really? A baked potato bag? I've never heard of it before. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, SusanD

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cool! I've never heard of that before!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never heard of those either. Neat! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never heard of potato bags, but what a lovely surprise for you to receive! I know you were tickled pink! Yay you! Have a good day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! I have never heard of a potato bag before. Sounds like a good idea. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a nice gift! blogging friends are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girl, thank you so much for the sweet comments. I hope you are enjoying those potatos. I was very skeptical when we got our bag but now we can't live without them. Thanks for the suggestion about the etsy store, though I have to pass now as we are trying to grow the sign shop, both with commerical signs and home decor. Then Donnie accepted a part time job at a local race track. I can't believe one man can have so many little side jobs (4) and still be administrator. Let's just say our plate is full.
    Thanks again for the sweet comments, I hope you readers love the potato bags and send them my way if they have any questions.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today! I hope you have enjoyed your time here and that you will return again. Please leave me a comment to let me know that you have stopped by! I respond to each and every comment by email, if possible, and by returning a visit to your blog. Have a great day!