I am so happy that you have landed in my little corner of cyberspace. If you join me here, you will, hopefully, get to know a little about me. You will read my thoughts, my hopes and dreams, and see some of my favorite things. I hope you will visit often. I will try to update it regularly and hopefully you will see an improvement in the blog along the way. Thank you for stopping in to see me as I travel on this journey called "life"!













Friday, December 23, 2011

And since we've no place to go...


Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

We have had unseasonably mild weather lately and I'm not complaining.  It's much easier to get up and out of the house and off to work when the weather is not yucky outside.  But it's Christmas and I'm in New England where Christmases should ALWAYS be white.


I have four days off and I was getting kind of worried that we might not have any snow for Christmas this year.  We didn't get a lot of snow this morning; but we got enough to make it a little festive outside.  It was nice to wake up and drink some coffee and watch it snow knowing that I didn't have to leave the nice, warm house.   I have been sort of hoping for a big storm that would keep me inside my little cottage with my family for some much needed down time for the entire weekend; but that's not going to happen.  So I will be grateful for the little snow that we have.


2011 has been a very busy and fun year.  We have been in New Hampshire for over a year now and I think I can say that I have finally settled in to my new home.  We have good health, all that we need and most everything that we want.  David and I both have jobs that we love and all of our kids are finally close by for the first time ever.  We are so blessed.


Merry Christmas andHappy New Year
from my family to yours!

Much love,

13 comments:

  1. I think your tree is trying to make an escape! :)

    Gorgeous photos. I always miss winter around the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed Candace you couldn't ask for more. You have exactly all the things necessary to make you really happy! I wish to you Merry Christmas together with your family with plenty of love and joy! Take care my friend and enjoy the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are truly blessed my friend! So glad you are all doing well. My son has been asking me all week, when is it going to snow?! I bet he would love to spend the day at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas! Enjoy the holidays, how nice you got a white Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas Candace! What beautiful pictures! We haven't had much snow either until yesterday, but it's still a white Christmas up here at 10,000ft. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas to you too. I am so glad you are doing well. I love your snow pictures. They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snow in New England is so gorgeous! That's something I definitely miss here in NYC where it's all slush all the time.

    Merry Christmas love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that snow is so pretty how I wish we would get a big snow storm for Christmas. Enjoy your time off and I hope you have a fabulous Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas Sweet Candy...Christmas Blessing to you and your family. Love Ya Bunches, Aunt M

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas Candace - love the snow covered tree branches. Have a lovely weekend, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely a site...Hope you had a wonderful White Christmas my friend! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful photos! I'm glad you are feeling like you're settling into life in NH. This was our first Christmas in North Carolina and I have to admit, a little snow would have been nice. :)

    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the pictures of the snow is just beautiful. I hope ya;ll had a great christmas

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today! I hope you have enjoyed your time here and that you will return again. Please leave me a comment to let me know that you have stopped by! I respond to each and every comment by email, if possible, and by returning a visit to your blog. Have a great day!