I am so happy that you have landed in my little corner of cyberspace. If you join me here, you will, hopefully, get to know a little about me. You will read my thoughts, my hopes and dreams, and see some of my favorite things. I hope you will visit often. I will try to update it regularly and hopefully you will see an improvement in the blog along the way. Thank you for stopping in to see me as I travel on this journey called "life"!













Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Moving Day #2

Hello from Winchester, Virginia!

What a long day it has been on the road?! We did not get as far as we had planned; but, the day was fun and we didn't encounter any problems at all today. We are very thankful for that! It did rain most of the way and that made the traveling slow at times but it was nice to not have the sun glaring in the windows on us all day so we are counting it all joy!

Thank you to all of you who are sending up prayers for our safe journey and those who have called, emailed, commented here on the blog and/or texted! We love you and appreciate you more than you will ever know.


We left Ft. Payne before 8 a.m. this morning and hit rain shortly thereafter. It rained almost all the way through Tennessee, Georgia and Virginia.  Due to the rain falling and difficulty with shooting photos out of the window of a moving vehicle, I wasn't able to get photos of the beautiful scenery as we passed by. If only I could capture what I'm seeing as we travel. I absolutely love the area that we drove through today. Truly, if you have not visited this part of the country, you must visit sometime. David and I have both said that we definitely want to come back and visit in a car sometime....and not traveling in a 26' moving truck towing a car. God has given David special grace to drive this huge vehicle and I must say that he is doing an excellent job. For the most part, our journey is very light hearted and fun and not too stressful even with the rain and the traffic and trying to maneuver the vehicle in and out of places to fuel up, eat and spend the night. We are laughing often and enjoying this time that we have together.  I can't think of a better person to be experiencing this special time with than my very best friend.


Even though photographing the journey has not been easy, I still managed to snap a whole bunch of photos (most of which I had to delete!!)

I tried to upload them tonight and got an error message that said "server rejected"...whatever that means?!

I guess I should get some sleep now anyway.  Tomorrow promises to be a long day of travel.  We will begin our day in Virginia and quickly see West Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania.  We are hoping to go all the way through Pennsylvania and New York and into Connecticut before stopping for the night. 

If we get up early enough and make really good time, maybe we can even push on through to New Hampshire.  That's pretty optimistic though!

Thanks so much for stopping by and joining us for this very exciting journey.  Maybe I will be more successful tomorrow with the photography and with posting the photos from the hotel.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. Let me know when you get down here to "God's Country" for a visit and we'll show you around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like everything is going smoothly. I'm so glad about that. I know you guys will be glad when you finally reach your destination! Stay safe out there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much. studio city moving company

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today! I hope you have enjoyed your time here and that you will return again. Please leave me a comment to let me know that you have stopped by! I respond to each and every comment by email, if possible, and by returning a visit to your blog. Have a great day!