I am so happy that you have landed in my little corner of cyberspace. If you join me here, you will, hopefully, get to know a little about me. You will read my thoughts, my hopes and dreams, and see some of my favorite things. I hope you will visit often. I will try to update it regularly and hopefully you will see an improvement in the blog along the way. Thank you for stopping in to see me as I travel on this journey called "life"!













Monday, November 22, 2010

Moving Day #1

Hello from Ft. Payne, Alabama!

We haven't seen Randy Owen and the other guys yet but we certainly have been looking since we got here.

We got off to a later start than we wanted to this morning; but we have had a nice drive with no problems and lots of joy for the journey. It seems so surreal to us that we are actually moving to New Hampshire. I'm sure reality will settle in soon though. It's all very exciting!

I have heard that happiness was Lubbock, Texas in the rearview mirror. Surely you all know that song, right? 

Well, having traveled from Ruston, Louisiana to Albuquerque, NM across the great state of Texas, there is a certain amount of truth to that! I must say that today we could have definitely changed the lyrics....


Happiness is definitely "Louisiana in the rearview mirror" for us!  

We are more than excited about this journey that we are embarking on at this time in our lives.  


First stop out of Louisiana is the state of Mississippi and the city of Vicksburg.  The scenery starts to change when you cross into this state and there is so much history in this particular area of the country. 


The mighty Mississippi River divides the state of Louisiana from the state of Mississippi.  


It looked really pretty today.  I wish that I could have captured it the way that I viewed it.  It's not easy to take photos from the cab of a moving truck bouncing down a bumpy highway at 65 miles per hour.


Next stop.....Alabama





As I have said, I found it difficult to take photos from the road today.  I am hoping tomorrow will be better.  Not only was the ride bumpy but we got such a late start that by the time the scenery started getting interesting to me, it started getting dark and the photos just didn't come out very well.  

We cruised through Birmingham tonight which is a really pretty city and through what appeared to be a mountainous area between Gadsden, Alabama and Ft. Payne.  I wish I could have photographed it.  Tomorrow is another day though.....

Tonight, it's home sweet home at.....


We are one step closer to our new life in New England.....


Thanks so much for stopping by to see me and for following along on this journey.  

Tomorrow we should see a tiny bit of Georgia, Chattanooga, Tennessee, the beautiful Bristol, Tennessee/Virginia (it's right on the border) and hopefully, make it all the way to Scranton, Pennsylvania.  It will be a long day of driving to make it that far; but, if we can do that, we should be back on schedule.  

Sweet dreams, friends.....

Love you all....

5 comments:

  1. My nephew Luke played college baseball at UAB. We loved our visit to Birmingham.

    Crossing the Mississippi soon too, just between two I states...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is exciting, following along with you on this great adventure! I hope you have safe traveling and good roads and weather all the way to your new destination. :-) God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really neat that you are capturing this journey in pics and writing! I love the scenery once you hit Alabama! The roadside photo with the changing leaf colors is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some great views along your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today! I hope you have enjoyed your time here and that you will return again. Please leave me a comment to let me know that you have stopped by! I respond to each and every comment by email, if possible, and by returning a visit to your blog. Have a great day!