I am so happy that you have landed in my little corner of cyberspace. If you join me here, you will, hopefully, get to know a little about me. You will read my thoughts, my hopes and dreams, and see some of my favorite things. I hope you will visit often. I will try to update it regularly and hopefully you will see an improvement in the blog along the way. Thank you for stopping in to see me as I travel on this journey called "life"!













Friday, January 18, 2013

July 2012 - Band Concerts

One of the traditions and highlights of summer are the band concerts that each small town holds weekly on the "town common".  The band concerts that are held at Sunapee are my favorite because their "common" is across from the harbor.  Each concert features music by local artists and there are various genres of music so that there is truly something for everyone.  
 

There is just something special about events like this in the summer that gives the community a reason to gather together and enjoy the nice weather and the sense of community that it inspires.  Families come out to spend time together and with their neighbors.  Kids have a big place to run around and play.  Pets are welcome.   With all of the sense of community that I grew up with in the south, this kind of entertainment was not something that I got to experience.





A trip to the harbor is always a good excuse to stop in to Marzelli's for a sorbetto on warm summer's evening.


Lemon is usually my favorite; but the blood orange runs a close second.



2 comments:

Thanks so much for visiting me today! I hope you have enjoyed your time here and that you will return again. Please leave me a comment to let me know that you have stopped by! I respond to each and every comment by email, if possible, and by returning a visit to your blog. Have a great day!