I am so happy that you have landed in my little corner of cyberspace. If you join me here, you will, hopefully, get to know a little about me. You will read my thoughts, my hopes and dreams, and see some of my favorite things. I hope you will visit often. I will try to update it regularly and hopefully you will see an improvement in the blog along the way. Thank you for stopping in to see me as I travel on this journey called "life"!













Sunday, June 13, 2010

Wonderful Saturday.....

Hi Friends!

So it's been a wonderful Saturday in my little corner of the world.  I hope yours was as well.  I made up for my lack of accomplishment yesterday by getting lots accomplished today.  We started our day out at the local Farmer's Market.  It is getting so much better!  Interest is growing and more and more vendors are starting to participate along with more of the community.  I am really excited about the future of it.  It truly is one of the highlights of my summer.  Here is a sample of what we picked up today.....

We got some beautiful kale, sweet corn, bell peppers - both green and purple, a white eggplant (which looks like the water balloon in the second picture!), some spicy peppers, summer squash and some lovely tomatoes!  I love summer for the fresh veggies alone.  Those little round yellowish green things on top are lemon cucumbers.    How cute are they?!  I have never ever seen them before and can't wait to try them. 

After we did our shopping at the Farmer's Market, we set off to do some other much needed shopping.  It was a good shopping day as I was able to find several new things for work and they were all on sale!!  Bonus!  I was also very good and managed to not by the new grandbaby any of the precious little girl outfits that I saw today.  She apparently has way too many clothes at this point says her Mommy.  :0)

Isn't she the cutest?!  Miss her like crazy!


Tonight we made a fabulous dinner.   
It was the perfect ending to a perfect day.  Enjoy!

Grilled Steaks

Sauteed Mushrooms with garlic, butter and white wine

Roasted Potatoes with Olive Oil, Sea Salt and Rosemary (from my garden!)

Grilled Summer Squash

What a pretty plate!
Hope your Saturday was fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting me today! I hope you have enjoyed your time here and that you will return again. Please leave me a comment to let me know that you have stopped by! I respond to each and every comment by email, if possible, and by returning a visit to your blog. Have a great day!