I am so happy that you have landed in my little corner of cyberspace. If you join me here, you will, hopefully, get to know a little about me. You will read my thoughts, my hopes and dreams, and see some of my favorite things. I hope you will visit often. I will try to update it regularly and hopefully you will see an improvement in the blog along the way. Thank you for stopping in to see me as I travel on this journey called "life"!













Sunday, August 22, 2010

THANK YOU, ANGELA!

Recently, I was honored with an award from a new friend!  Angela over at Just Me....Photography won a Beautiful Blogger award and she was sweet enough to pass it along to me. How about that?!

I absolutely love her blog and admire her photography gift.  If you want to see a truly beautiful gift at work, you should go visit Angela.  I've had some email contact with her since we "met" and she is not only a gifted artist and a dedicated mother to her son; but, she is a beautiful lady.    Thank you, Angela!  You blessed my heart when you thought of me.


Blog Awards always come with their own set of rules and one thing you will find about me these days is that I'm a rule follower or at least I try to be.  So with that in mind, I am supposed to tell you 7 things about myself.  

This is hard for me and probably why it always takes me so long to publicly acknowledge the awards that I receive.  I think that the facts that I share with you should be interesting and quite frankly, I don't know anything about me that fits that criteria.  I will give it a shot though and tell you a few things on my mind.  Will that work?

I feel the "winds of change" blowing around here and I say...."Bring it on!".

I am excited and scared about it all at the same time.

I am feeling the need to rid my life of a lot of "things" and live lightly.

Even though I find myself needing to live lightly and minimize the things around me, I'm a pack rat and find it hard to actually get rid of things in my life.

I made the first pass at doing that very thing yesterday and was somewhat successful.  I think it will take multiple passes to get to the place that I need to be.

I see a journey in my future which should bring a lot of blogging material.

If I am going to successfully transition into this new phase of my life, I am going to have to be really successful at simplifying my life and getting rid of a lot of things.

Just sharing this with you right now excites me and gives me some energy to get up and get started on it again!

So that was my 7 things.  I don't know how interesting you found that list; but I'm feeling excited about the future.  I think just telling you about it was part of the process!

The next thing that I must do as recipient of this great honor is to pay it forward to 7 blogs.  Although it is not a requirement, I like to pass awards on to those who haven't received that particular award before.  I may miss that from time to time; so if you get the same award twice, feel the love!

So here we go!  In no particular order, here are my Beautiful Blogger award nominees....


If you get some time, go meet these beautiful ladies!  You will be glad you did!


18 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read all about what is on the horizon for you! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Always cool to learn new stuff about you my friend. Wishing you much success in your future. Hugs & love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your seven things were written so seamlessly that it didn't even feel like seven things. Kudos. Embrace the changes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meee too, Diane! Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you are having an awesome weekend!

    Mitzi, thanks so much my friend! I really appreciate your friendship so much. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your kind words. I have tears in my eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, Robin! Your encouragement means a lot to me! I am welcoming the changes. I think it's time for them in my life.

    Angela *hugs* I hope you feel the love! I wrote that from my heart! Your gift blesses me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Candace! Just wanted to drop by and say hello! I saw your comment today and you can definitely feel free to drop me an email anytime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so sweet ~ thank you for the lovely thought! I already you consider you "friend" and I'm enjoying learning more about you. The 7 things you listed were written so well ~ and I will be anxious to learn what new adventure you will be enjoying! I'm in the letting go process so perhaps we can do this together? I gave away a ton of stuff this past week and will start on it again tomorrow. I've always been a pack rat but this experience feels so freeing to me! And...it allows space for the new to come in. :-)

    Have a wonder*filled week!
    xoxo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm all about purging, or as I call it, jettisoning things from my life! (You've heard tell of me doing so with the blogs I follow!)

    I have friends who ask me to come over and talk them out of their belongings. It's always tough on the friendship at first, but eventually they see some logic in their decision making.

    Change coming? How intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for stopping by and for your sweet comments! It's always great to see you when you come by.

    Jessica, I am definitely going to drop by to see you!

    Pat, you are so welcome! I have really enjoyed getting to know you! I think it's funny how many people are doing this right now. I would love to do this together with you. Maybe we can inspire one another.

    Ellen, you can help encourage us to get rid of our unnecessary baggage!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your bloggy award! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Candace! Since I am not familiar with the "rules" of the Beautiful Blogger Award, could you kindly fill me in? I'm still in blog-shock and am finding my way around . . .
    Love ya, g

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! I often find new changes to be scary but exciting. I have to remind myself that you usually regret what you don't do.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you all for stopping by and for your sweet comments!

    G ~ You have mail!

    Kristy ~ I find changes the same way. I am both excited and a little scared. More excited than scared this time though. That's very good advice. I don't think I've ever though of it that way....but I think you're right. I usually do regret what I don't do.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful post. You totally deserve this award. Have an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aaaw, that was such a sweet comment! Thank you sooo much, Tanya! Blessings, Candace

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today! I hope you have enjoyed your time here and that you will return again. Please leave me a comment to let me know that you have stopped by! I respond to each and every comment by email, if possible, and by returning a visit to your blog. Have a great day!